Thursday 2 August 2012

The 10 Day You Challenge : 8 Fears

Day three, 8 fears.

Fears are something I never really thought about, they didn't really bother me unless it was late at night and I got thinking about something terrible.
That was until I read Divergent by Veronica Roth. It deals with facing your fears in a way I couldn't have imagined. It's a great book so do read it. So now I'm trying to remember what kinds of fears I thought I had when I read that book.

1. Death. Of myself and the people I love. Of course, this is a common answer. The worst death I could think of would be by fire, but I think by stab to the gut would be second worst.

2. Failure. Any kind of failure. It's not a good feeling.

3. Disappointing others. I can't stand looks of disappointment of people's faces. To be recieving that look would be terrible.

Image from Google
4. Not being able to do everything I want to do in life. I suppose this is related to failure, but also because I have so many things I'd like to do and see, and I hope I'll have the time and the money to do them at some point.

5. To be at war again. It does scare me. Because I know what people went through. If something even sounds like the sirens in the Blitz I grimace.

6. Injections and blood-taking. Needles, fine. I have tattoos, they only graze the surface of my skin. Things going into or out of my blood vessels? NO. It makes me feel sick. I'm surprised and impressed that I got through A Level Biology without passing out.

7. Struggling Finacially. Or not being able to pay for myself. I prefer to pay my own way. So being unemployed is a struggle. I worry about using up my savings and having to lean on others to support me.

8. Getting really ill. Because I don't want to be a burden on anyone. And it would generally be horrible.
Well, this has been slightly harrowing, but the best way to conquer fear is by facing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...